|Salary||$22.00 - $24.00 Per Hour|
Reynolds Asphalt is a family-owned company that has been in business since 1981. Here at Reynolds Asphalt and Construction we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver high quality service and value to our clients by utilizing the talents of our team members.
Do you enjoy meeting challenges and exceeding expectations? You may find that you would like to come grow with an established company with a vision to the future like Reynolds Asphalt and Construction. RAC offers competitive wages, solid benefits, and a great work environment.
Come JOIN OUR TEAM and help us make our roads better!
Some of our Benefits
- 100% health insurance paid by employer for employee available
- Health insurance deductible reimbursement plan available
- 401k Matching available
- Longevity awards and Profit sharing bonuses available
Responsible for fueling, greasing, oil changes, and general maintenance, including the diagnosis, adjustment, and repair or light repair, and performing preventive maintenance on field construction equipment.
1. Maintains efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing construction equipment in the field and the equipment yard
2. Fuels and maintains equipment (including oil changes and grease)
3. Maintains equipment according to manufacturer’s standards
4. Performs preventive maintenance tasks
5. Completes daily maintenance and repair logs
6. Performs physical requirements of the position with reasonable accommodations
7. Maintains safety compliance in the work environment
8. Maintains flexibility
9. Test drive equipment to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure they are working properly
10. Other duties that may be assigned
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job:
Standing (95%), Walking (50%), Consistently lifting between zero and 20 lbs. (60%), Pulling (25%), Stooping (40%), Handling (50%), Carrying (25%), Pushing (25%), Reaching (20%), Crouching (50%), Talking (60%), Use of Hands (100%) and
Hearing (100%) Far and near acuity and field of vision. Reading the small and fine print on labels and manuals.
Working in extreme hot and cold climates
Working around various types of chemicals, including gasoline, oil, diesel, and other lubricants
Working in dusty environments
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Include only the minimum hiring qualifications.
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the job functions or limit the Company’s right to assign other tasks to an employee in this position.
Successful completion of pre-employment substance abuse screen.
Be able to diagnose and repair diesel engines and all structures and systems
The diagnosis and repair of:
· Brake systems
· Electrical systems, as well as the other systems associated with heavy trucks
· Understand the preventative maintenance routines and how to implement
· Understand DOT standards for maintaining a fleet of heavy trucks
· Understand and be able to enforce safety regulations for working on and around heavy equipment
· The minimum requirement is a high school diploma or GED
· Formal training or vocational program in diesel mechanics
1-2 years in diagnostics, repair, and maintenance of diesel engines and construction equipment
Machines, Tools, and Equipment (Office and Industrial), Software:
· Use power tools, including pneumatic wrenches, to remove bolts easily and quickly.
· Using machine tools, including grinding machines and lathes to rebuild brakes.
· Using standard hand tools including screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers to work on small-scale parts.
· Diagnostic Equipment
· Floor Jacks
· Overhead Hoist
· Fuel and oil transfer procedures from dispensers in the shop and on service trucks in the field
· Grease guns and grease hose hook up equipment
· Valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License
· Diesel engine certification
· Brake systems
· Electrical systems
· Hazmat endorsement
· Tanker certification and endorsement
· Clean MVR
· Regular hours; overtime hours involved
· Hot in summer and cold in winter.
· Loud work areas.
· Dust, grease, oil, dirt, and various chemicals on job site
· Rapid pace
· Possible exposure to sun and rain
· Good judgment.
· Able to work extended hours when required (including some weekends).
· Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language.
· Good communication skills
· Team player.
· Valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License.
· Reliable ability to arrive at job location within attendance requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Home daily
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Yearly bonus
Trucking Driver Type:
- Company driver
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Diagnostic Technicians: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL A
- Tanker Endorsement
- Hazmat Endorsement
Willingness to travel: