Reynolds Asphalt and construction is a family-owned company that has been in business since 1981. Here at Reynolds Asphalt, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver high quality service and value to our clients by utilizing the talents of our team members.
Do you enjoy meeting challenges and exceeding expectations? You may find that you would like to come grow with an established company with a vision to the future like Reynolds Asphalt and Construction. RAC offers competitive wages, solid benefits, and a great work environment.
Come JOIN OUR TEAM and help us make our roads better!
Under supervision performs the essential functions of the Asphalt Worker include the following: shoveling, raking and spreading hot asphaltic material in the repair or resurfacing of streets, highways, parking lots, driveways while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Use of hand and pneumatic tools
- Placing and moving barricades
- Pulverizes material of the roadbed and mechanically mixes it with asphalt, cement, lime or other stabilizing materials
- Spreads and levels the processed material
- Periodically check the texture of the processed material
- Make necessary adjustments to the material as needed
- Cleaning up job sites
- Perform other related duties as required
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job:
Standing (90%), Walking (50%), Lifting up to 90 lbs. (20%), Pulling (25%), Stooping (40%), Handling (50%), Carrying (25%), Pushing (25%), Reaching (20%), Crouching (50%), Talking (60%) and Hearing (100%) Far and near acuity and field of vision. Reading small and fine print.
Working in Extreme hot and cold climates
Working around high levels of dust
Working around various types of chemicals, including gasoline, oil, diesel and other lubricants
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Proof of the right to work in the U.S.
High School Diploma/GED
Successful completion of pre-employment substance abuse screen
Understand job requirements
Machines, Tools and Equipment (Office and Industrial), Software:
Use of personal safety equipment including
· Hard Hat
· Safety glasses
· Ear plugs
· Dust mask
· Safety work boots (non-steal toe)
Ability to use hand and pneumatic tools
Use of asphalt rake & shovel
Understanding of ground and landscape layout
1. Regular hours, overtime involved
2. Hot in summer and cold in winter.
3. Exposure to long periods of direct sunlight
4. Loud work areas.
5. Dust, grease, oil, dirt and various chemicals on job site
6. Rapid pace and constant changeovers
7. Exposure to sun and rain
2. Good judgment.
4. Able to work extended hours when required (including some weekends).
5. Ability to read, write speak and understand English Language.
6. Capable of moving unheeded throughout the job site.
7. Good communication skills.
8. Results oriented.
9. Valid Texas Drivers License.
10. Reliable ability to arrive to job location within attendance requirements.